- Famous for: Religion, Nature, Viewpoints, Photography.
- Tickets: No entry fee.
- Opening Timings: Open all days from sunrise to sunset.
- Duration: 2-3 hours.
- Distance from Dehradun: 11 km.
The name Sahastradhara literally means ‘The Thousand Fold Spring’ is a popular tourist destination in Dehradun. It comprised of waterfalls, caves and steppe farming lands and provides a totally marvelous and rejuvenating experience to its visitors. The name is due to the water that drips from the limestone stalactites in the caves and its waterfalls.
Things to Do at Sahastradhara:
- Enjoy the scenic views.
- Visit the sulfur hot springs.
- Have a look at steep farming.
- Pay your respects at Shiva Temple.
- Have fun at a water amusement park.